Following government advice against public gatherings, we’ve sadly had to postpone our original Starlight Strut until later in the year.
We know how much everyone was really looking forward to the event and so on Friday 15 May, we’re asking you to join in and complete 5,000 sponsored Starlight Steps for Treetops.
Simply complete 5,000 steps, however and wherever you want, and at any time of the day or night, on Friday 15 May.
- You could walk, jog, run, bounce, dance, hop, skip or jump the 5,000 steps
- How about stepping out in fancy dress? Or step with a pet?
- Try 1,000 in the kitchen, 1,000 in the garden, 1,000 in the front room and so on…
- Or combine them with your daily exercise where you live…the choice is yours.
But most importantly please help us make each and every step count by asking your family and friends to sponsor you.
Why is Starlight Steps so important to us right now?
Fundraising for Treetops is now more vital than ever as we’re facing a huge loss in income over the next six months. All our charity shops are temporarily closed and along with the Starlight Strut we’ve had to postpone and even cancel many other fundraising events. Our supporters out in the community are no longer able to run collections or events to raise money either.
- The Coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of us, but our Hospice at Home nurses are still going out every night to care for patients at the end of life in their own homes
- We’re continuing to offer bereavement counselling to current clients through telephone and virtual calls
- And we’re taking Cake and Care packs out to seventy of our most vulnerable patients in the local community
Starlight Steps is still a chance for us all to come together
and be a part of something amazing.
If you are unable to take part but would like to give a donation to Treetops, please head to our donation page here.