We urgently need your help.
Our fundraising income is already being seriously affected by the impact of the Coronavirus and it’s most likely going to get worse, putting our much needed services at risk.
We have to plan for the worst, which would be a potential drop of £1.4m in income this year. This means we may only be able to operate at our current level for six months.
Our patients and families in our communities in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire desperately need us. Our 47 devoted nurses deliver over 28,000 hours of one to one hospice care in people’s homes.
We’re not part of the NHS, so it’s highly unlikely the Chancellor’s emergency funding will be available for Treetops and it’s not clear what the new measures will be or if they’ll be implemented quickly enough. Fewer people are visiting our charity shops and our fundraising events are being cancelled or postponed. As more people self-isolate, our community fundraising will be severely compromised.
We need your support now more than ever.
Please help us to keep our Hospice at Homes nurses and counsellors providing continued support during these challenging times.
Please consider making a donation or consider other ways to help, including sharing this appeal with others.
Please use the link below to donate, or click here to find other ways to donate
Thank you for your support.
A few facts and figures about Treetops:
People like you help us do all this and more each year:
- Directly support well over 3,000 people from our community as well as their families at the most difficult time of their lives
- Our 47 devoted nurses deliver over 28,000 hours of one to one hospice care in people’s homes
- Our 36 compassionate bereavement counsellors help by giving 5,500 counselling sessions, 1,013 of these are for children and young people
- 9 wellbeing team, information and support workers
- Over 1,800 people call in to our wellbeing centre to learn about death and dying
- 532 amazing volunteers keep Treetops running
- Our leading experts in end of life care and bereavement support dedicate many hours to training NHS staff about death and dying
- £105 for a nurse to spend the night caring for a patient
- £50 for a child’s counselling session after they’ve lost a parent
- £10 – a child’s bereavement box
- £50 – a counselling session
How Else People can Help:
- Ask us for collection tins or home collection boxes
- Ask friends and family to send a donation
- Do a Treetops collection at work
- If you know local industry leaders, tell them about our emergency appeal
- Play our weekly lottery at treetopshospice.org.uk/lottery
- Join us on Facebook and share our posts with friends and groups. Search ‘Treetops Hospice’
- Sell unwanted things on eBay and donate the proceeds
- Save up donations for our shops and drop them off when the shops re-open
- Our nurses need mobile phones – new unlocked androids please
- We need an industrial floor cleaner
- We need laptops, so more staff can work from home – Windows 10 with a minimum of i3 processor please
- Get sponsored for doing something whilst you’re self-isolating. Exercise bike marathon, watching ten movies you hate, chess tournament. Ask us for sponsorship forms or set up a page at justgiving.com/treetopshospice
- If you know famous people, we need some celebrity ambassadors
- Volunteer your time when this is over. We’ll need: shop helpers, bike fixers, collection tin co-ordinators, fundraising ambassadors, fundraising groups, lottery recruiters and more. Just get in touch if you’re interested.
If you think you can help with anything, or need more information, we’d love to hear from you.
Scott Lea is our Director of Income Generation and Marketing, he’s very happy to chat to you. You can get him on email@example.com, 01159 496920 or 07818 515061.
Thank you so much