These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Treetops Lottery is the trading name of Treetops Funding LTD and may be referred to as Treetops Funding LTD throughout this document.
- This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Treetops Funding LTD.
- For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery.’
- This lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
- To enter the lottery, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
- There will be 12 guaranteed weekly cash winners plus 1 roll-over cash prize although additional prizes could be offered from time to time; such as during our annual Super Draw where the prize pool will increase and prizes will differ. Details of the available Super Draw prizes will be published on lottery.treetopshospice.org.uk at the relevant time. Typically during Super Draw week the rollover prize is suspended for that week’s draw and will resume the following week.
- All tickets shall be priced at £1.
- All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made at our premises to be held every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery. However a list of winners will appear on our website or are available by phoning us on 0115 939 9339.
- Treetops Lottery reserves the right to delay the Friday draw in the following circumstances:
- the draw mechanism is not accessible
- to allow time for the clearance of Direct Debit payments
- any occurrence beyond Treetops Lotteries control that prevents the draw from being executed
(In the event of a delay the draw will take place as soon as possible thereafter).
- If the draw falls on a public holiday, the draw may take place a day early; only once Treetops Lottery is satisfied that all entries eligible for that weeks’ draw have been processed.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
- Prize cheques are issued:
◊ to lottery members automatically by post within 14 days of the draw taking place.
◊ to one-off ticket purchasers within 7 days of the ticket holder making a substantiated claim.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non-cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Treetops Funding LTD absolute discretion.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
- The prize claim process for one-off ticket winners is available on the website. Prizes must be claimed within 6 months of the draw date shown on the ticket. It is the responsibility of the one-off ticket purchaser to check the Treetops Lottery results published on the website or displayed on the poster in the retail shops and submit a claim should their ticket number have been selected for a prize on the relevant draw date. In this instance, a claim form should be completed and submitted via post within 6 months of the winning draw date. For all prizes over and including the value of £100 a valid form of ID will be required and prize cheques will need to be collected in person.
- All members are solely responsible for providing Treetops Funding LTD (Trading as Treetops Lottery) with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Treetops Funding LTD will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Treetops Funding LTD of the change.
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of a membership entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish at any time and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
- You may cancel your lottery subscription at any time by notifying Treetops Funding LTD in writing, by telephone or via e-mail although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Wednesday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
◊ If you cancel, we will refund you the amount you are in credit if requested at the time of cancellation. If you subscribe by direct debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
◊ In the event that a member dies, we will refund any unused subscriptions to the deceased member’s estate, upon receiving proper notification and proof of death, save that if no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused portion of the subscription will be donated to Treetops Hospice Care.
- Treetops Funding LTD shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:-
◊ any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Treetops Funding LTD or the member from time to time.
◊ any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Treetops Funding LTD for the administration of the lottery.
◊ any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Treetops Funding LTD or the member.
◊ any refusal by Treetops Funding LTD to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
◊ any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Treetops Lottery conducts an annual Super Draw once per year. The prize structure for this draw will differ from the standard weekly draw and will be shown clearly on this website and also on the relevant tickets. We directly mail our existing supporters with information and additional tickets to purchase. There is no obligation for individuals to purchase tickets for the Super Draw. Existing members may opt out of receiving the Super Draw mailing at any time by contacting the Treetops Lottery office. The Treetops Lottery weekly draw rules and terms and conditions will also apply to the Super Draw. Should any monies and tickets be received after the date of the Super Draw Treetops Lottery will process them as a donation to Treetops Hospice Care.
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Treetops Funding LTD.
- Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Treetops Funding LTD giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. The postal address is, Treetops Hospice Care, Derby Road, Risley, Derby, DE72 3SS or complaints can be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Treetops Funding LTD in writing.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Treetops Funding LTD shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Treetops Funding LTD does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- The Treetops Funding LTD member responsible for the promotion of the lottery is Ms. M. de Vos.
- Neither Treetops Funding LTD nor our lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize).
- Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the GamCare helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website on www.gamcare.org.uk
- A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Treetops Funding LTD at the address on our Contact Us page.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Treetops Funding LTD and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Employees and Board Directors of Treetops Hospice Care and some of their close family members participate in the lottery draws.