‘Voices for Hospices’ is being organised by local charity Treetops Hospice Care, who are inviting people to attend nine free concerts, all starting at 7pm. Treetops provides nursing care and emotional support for adults with life-limiting conditions such as cancer, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis.
World Hospice & Palliative Care Day is an international event that take places every two years to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world, including the UK.
Raise our voices for hospice care
Mary Rose, senior community and events fundraiser for Treetops explained more:
“We really wanted to promote Voices for Hospices this year as it’s a great way for us to raise awareness and understanding of people living with a life-limiting illness and their families.
“The nine free concerts are all taking place at exactly the same time – Sunday 14 October at 7pm – so we can really raise our voices for hospice care.
“All the choirs and groups taking part have given their time for free and we can’t thank them enough for supporting what will be a wonderful evening across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
“Everyone is welcome to join us – there will be refreshments and raffle at each venue.”
The full list of venues and choirs include:
- St Oswald’s Church, Ashbourne – Ignite UK Choir and Belcanto
- Christchurch, Belper – Derby A’Cappella and the Rock Choir
- Wilmot St Centre, Heanor – Heanor Concert Party
- St Mary’s Church, Ilkeston – Imari Ladies Choir and Erewash Phoenix Choir
- Sawley Parish Church, Sawley – Long Eaton U3A Choir and Quadravox
- Emmanuel Church, Swadlincote – Boundary Singers and Leaside Singers
- St Osmund’s Church, Derby – Ashbourne Singers and Sherwin Singers
- Grangewood Methodist Church, Wollaton – Encore Choir and Hope Community Gospel Choir
- St Helen’s Church, Stapleford – Sandiacre Male Voice Choir and the Village singers.
For more information about the venues and choirs taking part, please visit the Voices for Hospices webpage.
Treetops Hospice Care services include Support and Information, a Day Care Unit, Hospice at Home nurses and Therapeutic Services including counselling, art therapy and complementary therapy.