When you have been diagnosed with or are caring for someone who has a life limiting illness, it is a time when many things are thrown into turmoil and there are always questions. We offer a free Support and Information service at Treetops to help answer those questions.
We can help anyone affected by a life limiting condition including individuals, carers, family or friends and professionals. The nurse specialist offers one to one support and information for:
- Heart failure
- Lung conditions including COPD
- Parkinson’s disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Any other life limiting condition
When can you access this service?
After initial diagnosis, when things change, near the end of life, and anytime in between.
How can we support you?
Our nurse specialist can offer you:
- A ‘sounding board’ to help you understand what you have been told
- Explanations of the information you have been given about treatments and symptoms
- Answers to your questions following your consultation
- A confidential chat with someone over a cup of tea, who has an understanding of what is happening to you
- Information on finances, wellbeing, groups, specialist organisations, welfare rights, benefits, grants, staying in work and getting back to work.
We are here to support carers, friends and family too. The service gives an opportunity for carers to gain the support they need so that they can continue to care for their loved ones. Find out more about support for carers
How it works
All services are provided free of charge, and are not means-tested. Contact us on 0115 949 1264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate a drop in service and appointment system. Patients and carers can drop in at these times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 10am – 4pm
- Wednesday: 1.30 – 6.30pm
- Friday: 10am – 3pm
The Cheetham Centre is fully accessible with its own parking. We are also on the i4 bus route between Derby and Nottingham.
NEW: There is now also a drop in service at Ilkeston Hospital, on alternate Fridays each month, 9am-12noon.