When you have been diagnosed with or are caring for someone who has a life limiting illness, it is a time when many things are thrown into turmoil and there are always questions.
We can help individuals, carers, family or friends and professionals. Support is available after initial diagnosis, when things change, near the end of life, and anytime in between.
We offer one to one support and information for a variety of life limiting conditions including:
- Heart failure
- Lung conditions including COPD
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
How can we support you?
We can offer:
- A ‘sounding board’ to help you understand what you have been told
- Explanations of the information you have been given about treatments and symptoms
- Answers to your questions following your consultation
- A confidential chat with someone over a cup of tea, who has an understanding of what is happening to you
- Information on finances, wellbeing, groups, specialist organisations, welfare rights, benefits, grants, staying in work and getting back to work.
We are here to support carers, friends and family too. The service gives an opportunity for carers to gain the support they need so that they can continue to care for their loved ones.
How it works
We offer a weekly Wellbeing Cafe open to anyone with a life-limiting condition and their family and friends. Here you can chat informally to staff and trained volunteers. Further information can be found on our website here.
Treetops Hospice Care is a registered charity, which costs £4.3 million each year to run. We have to raise 70% of this, £8,300 a day, through voluntary donations, our shops, fundraising events, lottery memberships and gifts in wills.
To make a donation to the hospice, please click here.