Our new support group offers information, advice, and support for people living with and affected by Huntington's Disease living in Derbyshire.
We can help answer your questions such as:
- My mum had the disease. Will I get the same symptoms as her?
- I’m the main carer for my dad. What kind of financial help is available to us?
- I want to start a family. How might this affect my children? What does genetic testing involve?
- How can I make people aware of my Huntington’s Disease and how this affects me?
- Do other people have the same symptoms and how do they manage?
I don’t always like going to new places, but if I know I’m coming here it makes me want to leave the house. I can be myself here and I know that no-one is judging me, so I can relax. I look forward to coming and when I leave, I’m in a better mood and my day is loads better.”
Support Group Dates
Our support group meets will meet on the following dates, here at the hospice, from 11am to 1pm:
- Tuesday 7 November 2023
- Tuesday 5 December 2023 (Christmas Party / Dinner)
- Tuesday 16 January 2024
- Tuesday 13 February 2024
- Tuesday 12 March 2024
- Tuesday 9 April 2024
- Tuesday 7 May 2024
- Tuesday 4 June 2024
- Tuesday 2 July 2024
- Tuesday 13 August 2024
- Tuesday 10 September 2024
Thank you again for all the support Treetops is giving to these families, it has been wonderful to see the positive impact that making connections has made. They all speak so highly of the warm welcome they receive at Treetops and how comfortable they feel, so well done and thank you so much .
Lindsey, HD Association Advisor
Light refreshments and hot drinks will be available.
If you need support with transport to and from the support group, please let us know. We can identify organisations that may be able to help you.