This session is aimed at anyone working in a care home setting and related Health and Social care environments. We will facilitate:
- Increased confidence in delivering end of life care.
- Understand why recognising dying is important.
- Recognising the signs of a deteriorating resident.
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a resident nearing the end-of-life.
- Assessing the possible causes of these symptoms.
- Discussing management of symptoms at the end-of-life including the awareness of anticipatory medication and non-drug measures.
- Knowing where to access support available in management of end-of-life care.
- This course will contribute 3 hours of CPD.
Helpful to know we can have support when we have residents who are at the end of their life.”
|17 January 2024||9am - 12pm||1pm- 4pm|
*Only one session needs to be attended either morning or afternoon.
The training was thought provoking and helped my understanding as an activities coordinator
For more information email: email@example.com
The cost of the session is £60 per person.
Alternatively, the session can be delivered in the care home please enquire about this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refreshments will be included.
All courses are held at Treetops Hospice, Derby Road, Risley, Derbyshire. DE72 3SS