SPRING is a one-to-one bespoke programme for anyone facing a life-limiting illness. We work with you individually or as a family, once a week over 12 weeks, tailoring the programme to you, so that you get the most out of it.
The programme aims to support you to set and work towards personal goals. We work to develop a therapeutic relationship to support and guide you, enabling and empowering you in the face of life-limiting illness.
We can meet patients face-to-face or via Zoom and telephone.
SPRING Programme Vlog
In our latest vlog, Ann Telford, Occupational Therapist talks more about the programme and its benefits:
The 12 weeks are:
1) Setting the scene, getting to know you, and an introduction to goal setting
2) Practical tips for managing your physical symptoms
3) Psychological Needs – mental wellbeing, managing anxiety and stress
4) Social Needs – friends, family and loved ones, including legacy, managing conflict and difference of opinions
5) Emotional Needs – feelings, coping and resilience
6) Spiritual Needs – Who am I? Where is my place in the world? Plus spiritual support resources
7) Practical Support – financial, benefits check, occupational therapy assessment, small aids and care needs
8, 9 and 10) Personal goals
11) What’s next for me? Reassessment and evaluation
12) Fun week based on a seasonal theme
The SPRING Programme has encouraged me to re-visit things I have not tried for some years since my stroke. It has helped me to focus on what I CAN do, rather than what I am unable to do.
We’ve also set up a SPRING support group for patients to access peer support during and after the programme.
Patients in the pilot programme are reporting huge benefits from it, particularly due to the one-to-one interaction and focus.
To find out more, give our friendly Wellbeing Team a call on 0115 949 1264 or email [email protected]
Or simply complete the form below and a member of the Wellbeing Team will be in touch.