Each year Treetops must raise over £4.3 million to run the hospice, and with around 70% of our income coming from charitable donations, we do rely heavily on people’s generosity.
Donations, such as leaving a gift in your Will, help us to give as many people as possible across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire a real choice over where they access their care.
Making a Will
After making sure your family and loved ones are provided for, you could think about leaving a gift to Treetops Hospice Care. This would be a very special way of helping secure the future of our services.
Making or changing a Will is easy. You can legally write your own Will but we strongly recommend you use a solicitor. Here is some suggested wording if you would like to leave a gift to Treetops. There are several local solicitors who offer a reduced rate to Treetops’ supporters.
Always keep your Will up to date, especially if there are any major changes in your circumstances. There is a Treetops Hospice Care codicil form to help you easily make changes or additions to your existing Will.
There are many confusing legal words that are used when talking about Wills. We’ve written some simple explanations for the most commonly used terms.
If you choose to leave a gift to Treetops Hospice Care, please use our full name and include our Registered Charity Number 519540.Find a local solicitor
Our promise to you
Making decisions about your Will is a very personal matter. We respect your privacy and aim never to upset or offend you. This is our promise to you:
- We will always treat you, your family and loved ones with respect and care.
- We understand and respect that your loved ones come first when you are making your Will.
- We will not ask for details of your gift and we do not expect you to share this information with us.
- We recognise that leaving a gift in your Will to Treetops Hospice Care is your decision, to be made in your own time.
- We recognise that, at any time, you have the right to change your Will.
- You have the right to choose how and where your gift will be used. However, if you leave this to our discretion we assure you that it will be used wisely, carefully and efficiently, and always with sensitivity and respect.
- Treetops Hospice Care is a Registered Charity (no. 519540) which operates within the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation. Your privacy is very important to us, so we will always keep your details secure. For information about how we use your data, please see our Privacy Notice.
- We are extremely grateful to you for considering Treetops Hospice Care in your Will. You can be confident that you are helping the hospice to provide end of life care for adults and their families in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire in years to come.