Treetops supports people with illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis. It also supports their carers and families. All services are provided free of charge. The hospice has to raise more than £3 million every year to run. That’s about £7,500 per day. 70% of this comes from charitable donations and fundraising events.
In the last 12 months, Treetops Hospice Care cared for 1,724 people, including:
- 35,190 hours of care was provided by Hospice at Home nurses
- 4,107 individual attendances in the Day Care Unit in Risley
- 2,876 adult bereavement sessions
- 887 bereavement sessions for children and families
- 289 counselling and emotional support sessions for people dealing with life-limiting illness
- 223 one-to-one consultations with the Support and Information Service