Are you compassionate? Want to make a difference in your local community?
About the opportunity
We are looking for qualified counsellors to join our team on a volunteer basis.
This is an ideal opportunity for newly qualified counsellors looking to gain valuable experience, or for those who are building up their hours towards accreditation.
Counsellors in any stage of their career would be most welcome.
What do we do?
We offer FREE counselling support to adults, children, and young people (aged 7 upwards), who have been bereaved or are dealing with a life-limiting condition.
Support is offered in person in our bespoke counselling centre or via telephone or Zoom.
We are currently building a trauma-informed service as well as a Centre of Excellence in bereavement and life-liming illness work. Our aim is to provide an environment of learning and development within our field.
We have an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality professional service. As a result, we have good relationships with GPs, other health service professionals, social care services and schools.
Last year, we provided:
- Over 4,500 hours of bereavement counselling for children and adults
- More than 3,000 adult bereavement sessions
- Over 900 sessions for children and young people
- 270 counselling sessions for people living with a life-limiting condition
Benefits for you
- You’ll be joining a rich therapeutic community of passionate and dedicated professionals.
- You will receive a 2-hour supervision group every month
- You'll have the opportunity to attend monthly CPD in-house workshops.
- In addition, we are an organisational member of the BACP. We will provide your insurance and DBS checks.
Candidates would need to hold a minimum of a Diploma in Counselling.
We would ask you to attend an informal interview, a 2-day induction, and work with at least two clients a week.
Next induction dates: TBC