Treetops Lottery Terms & Conditions
Treetops Lottery is the trading name of Treetops Funding Ltd and is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 5096.
For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery.’
Treetops Lottery benefits Treetops Hospice Registered Charity Number 519540. Responsible person: Mrs R G Lee-Jones. Promoter: Treetops Funding Ltd, Derby Road, Risley, Derbyshire, DE72 3SS. T: 0115 939 9339.
These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these terms.
- To enter the lottery, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 18 (Eighteen) or over.
- There will be 12 guaranteed weekly cash winners plus 1 roll-over cash prize although additional prizes could be offered from time to time; such as during our annual Super Draw where the prize pool will increase and prizes will differ. Details of the available Super Draw prizes will be published on treetopshospice.org.uk/lottery at the relevant time. Typically during Super Draw week the rollover prize is suspended for that week’s draw and will resume the following week.
- All tickets shall be priced at £1. All payment must be received in cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw and is eligible to win a prize.
- All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made weekly at the Treetops Lottery office, usually held every Friday.
- The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
- A list of winners will appear on our website after the draw has been conducted or are available by phoning us on 0115 939 9339.
- Treetops Lottery reserves the right to delay the Friday draw in the following circumstances:
- the draw mechanism is not accessible
- to allow time for the clearance of Direct Debit payments
- any occurrence beyond Treetops Lotteries control that prevents the draw from being executed (In the event of a delay the draw will take place as soon as possible thereafter).
- If the draw falls on a public holiday, the draw may take place a day early; only once Treetops Lottery is satisfied that all entries eligible for that weeks’ draw have been processed.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque or a BACS transfer in the name of the entrant only. BACS transfers are only available to lottery members who pay for their membership via Direct Debit and any transfer of prize funds will only be made to the direct debit account details held on file.
- Prize cheques are issued:
- to lottery members and online one-off ticket players automatically by post within 14 days of the draw taking place.
- to one-off ticket purchasers within 7 days of the ticket holder making a substantiated claim.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non-cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Treetops Funding LTD absolute discretion.
- It is a condition of these Rules that by accepting a prize, the winner agrees to participate in promotional activity and Treetops Lottery reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them unless Treetops Lottery receives prior notification to the contrary.
- Dataless one-off tickets are printed tickets which can be purchased from our shops, hospice or events. The prize claim process for dataless one-off ticket winners is available on the website. Prizes must be claimed within 6 months of the draw date shown on the ticket. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to check the Treetops Lottery results published on the website or displayed on the poster in the retail shops and submit a claim should their ticket number have been selected for a prize on the relevant draw date. In this instance, a claim form should be completed and submitted via post within 6 months of the winning draw date. For all prizes over and including the value of £100 a valid form of ID will be required and prize cheques will need to be collected in person.
- All members are solely responsible for providing Treetops Funding LTD (Trading as Treetops Lottery) with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Treetops Funding LTD will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Treetops Funding LTD of the change. In the event of a winning cheque remaining uncashed, Treetops Lottery reserves the right to process unclaimed prizes as donations to Treetops Hospice after a period of 6 months from the date the cheque was issued.
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of a membership entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative randomly selected game number if they wish at any time.
- You may cancel your lottery subscription at any time by notifying Treetops Funding LTD in writing, by telephone or via e-mail although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Wednesday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
- If you cancel, we will refund you the amount you are in credit if requested at the time of cancellation. Unclaimed amounts and balances less than £1 will be treated as donations. If you subscribe by direct debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
- In the event that a member dies, we will refund any unused subscriptions to the deceased member’s estate, upon receiving proper notification and proof of death, save that if no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused portion of the subscription will be donated to Treetops Hospice.
- Treetops Funding LTD shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Treetops Funding LTD or the member from time to time.
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Treetops Funding LTD for the administration of the lottery.
- any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Treetops Funding LTD or the member.
- any refusal by Treetops Funding LTD to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Treetops Lottery conducts an annual Super Draw once per year. The prize structure for this draw will differ from the standard weekly draw and will be shown clearly on this website and also on the relevant tickets. We directly mail our existing supporters with information and additional tickets to purchase. There is no obligation for individuals to purchase tickets for the Super Draw. Existing members may opt out of receiving the Super Draw mailing at any time by contacting the Treetops Lottery office. The Treetops Lottery weekly draw rules and terms and conditions will also apply to the Super Draw. Should any monies and tickets be received after the date of the Super Draw Treetops Lottery will process them as a donation to Treetops Hospice.
- Gift Voucher Offer Terms & Conditions: Your £10 Shopping Voucher will be dispatched after payments to the value of £13 for your new number, or your friend’s new number for the Tell A Friend promotion, have successfully been received. Only 1 voucher per household.
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Treetops Funding LTD.
- Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Treetops Funding LTD giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. The postal address is, Treetops Hospice Care, Derby Road, Risley, Derby, DE72 3SS or complaints can be submitted by email to email@example.com Read our full complaints policy here.
- Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Treetops Funding LTD in writing.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Treetops Funding LTD shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Treetops Funding LTD does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- Treetops Funding LTD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- Neither Treetops Funding LTD nor our lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/or the chance of winning a prize).
- Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference. This lottery is a form of gambling. Treetops Lottery promotes responsible gambling and you are encouraged to gamble sensibly. A copy of Treetops Lottery Social Responsibility document is available here. Treetops Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association and the Lotteries Council and offers individuals access to support, information and advice by visiting BeGambleAware begambleaware.org or GamCare 0808 8020 133 www.gamcare.org.uk
- A request to self-exclude, as defined by the Gambling Legislation, may be made by contacting the Treetops Lottery office but you would not be able to rejoin the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self- exclusion. See more information regarding self-exclusion here.
- A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Treetops Funding LTD at the address on our Contact Us.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Treetops Funding LTD and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Employees and Board Directors of Treetops Hospice Care and some of their close family members participate in the lottery draws.
- Lottery entry payments are held in a specific bank account and identified as advance payments for future draws.
In the event of us ceasing the operation of the Lottery we will refund any remaining player credit to you following the last draw held.
b. In the unlikely event of insolvency these funds are not protected, and you would not be able to access any such funds in this eventuality.